Sunday, May 24, 2009

Geocaching -- near Tok, Alaska

:-)

:-)

:-)

BEST THING: Actually getting to GO Geocaching cuz we haven't gotten to do it in ages! We did two caches:

The first one was near the Four Mile Lake. We had to walk on dirt and then on "muskeg" under the trees. (It's fun to walk on muskeg but kinda hard. When you step the muskeg squishes and your foot sinks in!) I got the prize from this one--a set of fancy barrettes. We left Elmo & Cookie Monster hair scrunchies!
The second one was over a BIG hill and then past that. I didn't find it--Jakob and Dad did. Jakob got a postcard for a prize and left some fancy button decorations.

The MOST SCARY thing was they went over a hill with tons and tons of snow. I sat near a bush and waited for them. At first Mom stayed by the road cuz she didn't think she could climb the steep part. But then when I was alone, Mom called and didn't get an answer from any of us. So then she came up to find me. Then I felt better!
FAMILIES should definitely try to geocache near Tok Alaska. The first one is good for everyone, but only do the second one if you have very big kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment